ENGLISH SET PAPER PART -1
1.. What is the main purpose of poetry recitation in a language classroom ?
(A) To give their opinions about poem
(B) To know the historical background of the poem
(C) To enjoy and appreciate the poem
(D) To become aware of the poet and his/her work
62. Fill in the blanks with the correct article: Yesterday I saw_ European riding on_ elephant
.(A) a, a
(B) the, the
(C) a, an
(D) a, the
3.. Choose the correct sentence :
(A) Please describe of the story.
(B) Please describe about the story
(C) Please describe the story.
(D) Please describe to the story
4. Fill in the blank with correct preposition : A prisoner was accused__ _murder.
5. The antonym of ‘innocent’ is :
6. The synonym of ‘significant’ is :
7. . Which one of the following words can be made plural by adding a suffix ‘en’ ?
8. Choose the correct pronoun to complete the following sentence : This dress is__and that one is mine
(B) our book
. (D) your book
9. Change the following sentence into’s passive voice : Have the girls asked this question ?
(A) Has this question asked by the girls ?
(B) This question have asked by girl.
(C) Has this question been asked by the girls ?
(D) Have this question asked by the girls ?
Direction (Q. No. 10 and 11). Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow it. Yesterday, two brave children of Gangapur were awarded Brave Hearts Award. They have exhibited a great spirit of selflessness and courage. Harsh, a twelve-year-old boy, saved a little girl from drowning in the river that flows along his village. Garima has been awarded for her presence of mind.
10. Which kind of noun is Gangapur
(A) Material noun
(B) Common noun
(C) Collective noun
(D) Proper noun
11.. Which part of speech is the word ‘brave’ ?
12. Which of the following word is a material noun ?
13. Which of the following words is an abstract noun ?
14. Which kind of noun is ‘adversity’ ?
(A) Abstract noun
(B) Common noun
(C) Proper noun
(D) Collective noun
15. Which part of speech is the word ‘hard’ in the sentence ‘He is working hard”?
16. Which of the following sentences has a ‘conjunction’ ?\
(A) She is poor but she is by naturehospitable.
(B) She is awfully busy.
(C) I am nobody for you.
(D) My grandfather is not well.
17. Point out the sentence which is in present perfect tense.
(A) Your sister visited us yesterday.
(B) I shall go to Jaunpur tomorrow.
(C) She is very intelligent.
(D) I have finished my work.
18. Which of the following is a misspelt word?
19. Which of the following sentences has a transitive verb ?
(A) She writes well.
(B) She walks in the morning daily.
(C) He is running very fast.
(D) I killed a snake last night
20. Which of the following sentences is negative ?
(A) He does not listen to me.
(B) I come from a rich family.
(C) You can do all this in no time.
(D) They are very gentle people.
21 Which of the following sentences is exclamatory?
(A) Which is your favourite book.
(B) What a piece of work is man.
(C) What do you know about ancient India.
(D) His cruelty knew no bounds.
22. point out the complex swntence.
(A) She does not sing.
(B) They are very wise people.
(C) You know me well.
(D) One who does not love one’s country is a wretched person.
23. Which of the following words is. ‘plural’?
(C) Fox CHE
24. Which of the following words is regarded as singular ?
25. Which of the following sentences is in active voice ?
(A) I requested him to come in time.
(B) He was asked to keep quiet.
(C) A house was bought for fifty lacs.
(D) He was hit badly.
26. Which of the following sentences is in passive voice ?
(A) He was assisted by a group of students.
(B) Please mind your business.
(C) I kept quiet throughout the meeting.
(D) They came late and lost the match.
27. “That is the man the police was seeking”. In the above sentence, what is the status of the two the’s ?
(D) Definite article
28. “These students are most disobedient.” In the above sentence, point out the gender of the word ‘students’
(A) Masculine gender
(B) Feminine gender
(C) Common gender
(D) None of the above
29. In the sentence ‘He was going along the road’, point out the tense.
(A) Past continuous
(B) Present perfect
(C) Past perfect
(D) Future indefinite
30. Language learning starts from :