adverb-english practice paper
1. (A) Firstly, you should think / (B) over the meaning of the words / (C) and then use them / (D) No error.
2. (A) The driver tried his best / (B) to avert the accident by bringing the car / (C) to avert the accident by bringing the car / (D) No error.
3. (A) The Sunshine hotel was fully equipped / (B) to offer leisure stay / (C) to its clients / (D) No error.
4. (A) The technician reminded them / (B) to have a thoroughly cleaning / (C) of the machine after each use / (D) No error.
5. (A) I am / (B) much glad / (C) that you have won the trophy / (D) No error.
6. (A) He is too coward / (B) to make it / (C) happen / (D) No error.
7. (A) People invent new machines / (B) when they think / (C) different / (D) No error.
8. (A) A man entered the tavern / (B) and asked for some bread and cheese / (C) with a decided foreign accent / (D) No error.
9. (A) Watch how careful / (B) the sparrow knits the straws / (C) into one another to form a nest / (D) No error.
10. (A) He is very / (B) blind to read / (C) the smallest of prints / (D) No error.
11. (A) On hearing the news / (B) he went directly / (C) to the Manager’s room / (D) No error.
12. (A) They reached home / (B) safely / (C) although they started late / (D) No error.
13. (A) It is the duty of every citizen / (B) to do his utmost to defend / (C) the hardly won freedom of the country / (D) No error.
14. (A) The principal was / (B) enough kind to / (C) grant me scholarship / (D) No error.
15. (A) It is nothing else / (B) than foolishness / (C) that led to his downfall / (D) No error.
16. (A) I shall give you a reward / (B) if you do your work / (C) satisfactory / (D) No error.
17. (A) The tired travellers were bundled off / (B) to the nearby cop house till anyone / (C) could come and vouch for their credentials / (D) No error.
18. (A) I advised by brother to engage two coolies instead of one / (B) because the luggage was too much heavy / (C) for a single coolie to handle / (D) No error.
19. (A) There is no one else / (B) whom I esteem highly / (C) than your father / (D) No error.
20. (A) Although I was / (B) in Delhi last month / (C) I never met him / (D) No error.
21. (A) When I got / (B) home I was / (C) too exhausted / (D) No error.
22. (A) I did not know hardly / (B) anyone in the city / (C) and so felt lonely / (D) No error.
23. (A) I rarely find something / (B) in the movies / (C) that is worth remembering / (D) No error.
24. (A) You have / (B) acted nobler / (C) than all of us / (D) No error.
25. (A) Don’t stop / (B) anywhere. Go home / (C) directly / (D) No error.
26. (A) He has no time / (B) to read magazines / (C) and no desire neither / (D) No error.
27. (A) He is not seldom / (B) visited his parents / (C) since he left this place / (D) No error.
28. (A) It was much hot / (B) yesterday & we / (C) didn’t go out / (D) No error.
29. (A) I meet him often / (B) near / (C) the Town Hall / (D) No error.
30. (A) I told her / (B) as blunt a I could / (C) but she was not convinced / (D) No error
31. (A) My mother works / (B) very quicker than / (C) I at embroidery / (D) No error.
32. (A) She is sure a great singer / (B) and no other singer / (C) is a match for her. / (D) No error.
33. (A) It is better to be frugal / (B) but don’t be miser / (C) in giving alms / (D) No error.
34. (A) I never remember / (B) to have met / (C) a more interesting girl in my life / (D) No error.
35. (A) I refused to / (B) accompany him because / (C) I was so tried / (D) No error.
36. (A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy tried to eradicate / (B) social evils with / (C) tooth and nail / (D) No error.
37. (A) The student came to the classroom / (B) lately and was punished / (C) by the teacher / (D) No error.
38. (A) He looks full of energy / (B) today because he / (C) soundly slept last night / (D) No error.
39. (A) She had barely nothing / (B) to eat when she came / (C) to me last month / (D) No error.
40. (A) It had been too cold / (B) the whole month and we preferred / (C) to stay in the plains / (D) No error.
41. (A) Never in the history of India / (B) there has been as brave a lady / (C) as Rani Laxmi Bai / (D) No error.
42. (A) She always boasts of / (B) her melodious voice but she does not / (C) know to sing at all / (D) No error.
43. (A) The teacher refused / (B) to consider him / (C) as an honest person / (D) No error.
44. (A) She is considered / (B) as the best dancer / (C) in the town / (D) No error.
45. (A) He felt alone / (B) in the town where / (C) no one knew him / (D) No error.
46. (A) The darkness closed in / (B) even as she was / (C) returning home fastly / (D) No error.
47. (A) She is too kind / (B) to help / (C) everybody / (D) No error.
48. (A) The job was / (B) meticulously done / (C) by him / (D) No error.
49. (A) One should / (B) face the misfortune / (C) of life mainly / (D) No error.
50. (A) It is better / (B) to be frugal but don’t be / (C) miser in giving alms / (D) No error.
1. A 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. B
6. D 7. C 8. C 9. A 10. A
11. B 12. B 13. C 14. B 15. B
16. C 17. B 18. B 19. B 20. B
21. C 22. A 23. A 24. B 25. C
26. C 27. A 28. A 29. A 30. B
31. B 32. A 33. B 34. A 35. C
36. B 37. B 38. C 39. A 40. A
41. B 42. C 43. C 44. B 45. A
46. C 47. A 48. B 49. C 50. C