30 ENGLISH QUESTIONS FOR CTET/UPTET/SUPER TET/HTET
1. There is a row of green trees the road
2.. ………… the weather was bad : they had to go for work.
3. He failed due to his ………… attitude.
(a) most careless
(c) more careless
(d) None of the above
4. The dog picked up the ………… of the thief.
5. The meaning of ‘steep’ is
(a) steps of the staircase
(b) church tower or spire
(c) a position on a scale
(d) rising or falling sharply
6. LSRW stands for
(a) Listening, Specializing, Rote memorization and Writing
(b) Learning, Speaking, Right thinking and Writing
(c) Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
(d) All of the above
7. According to the advocates of the structural approach to English language teaching the material should be graded on the basis of
(a) teach ability, usefulness and frequency of use
(b) intellectual level of students
(c) learners’ potential
(d) physical age of the learners
8. While speaking for the first time, the students centrally face
(c) both inhibition and confidence
(d) fear psychosis
9. The purpose of teaching a poetry text is more on
(a) enjoyment and development literary sensitivity
(b) enrichment of vocabulary
(c) grammatical awareness
(d) familiarization of sounds
10 Story telling is a/an
11. Which of the following lines (marked
I, II, III and IV) have spelling errors?
I. A stony coral is a tiny soft bodied creature that lives by eating small erectrues that float by.
II. Each coral uses minerals from the water.
III. With this water it makes a hard, protective skelton around itself.
IV. New corals bud there skeletons on top of the old ones.
(a) Lines I and II
(b)Lines II and III
(c) Lines I, III and Iv
(d) Lines I,II and III
12. Which set of words is arranged in the correct alphabetical order?
(a) Abish ,Aditya ,Alisha,Anita,ashok
(c) Aditya, AlishaAanita,Aabish,Ashok
13. ………… is the opposite of frequent.
14. Which pair below contains among words?
a) Fruit and shut
(b) There and appear
(c) Throw and do
(d) Fruit and shoot
15. Which word goes together WTC ‘swimming’ to form a new wore
16. ………… is prerequisite to learning English.
(b) Knowledge of grammar
(c) Cramming words and ser meaning
(d) Reading stories
17. English in Indiais a language uses
(a) for wider communication
(b) for prestige symbol
(c) for accessing to quality literacy
(d) All of the above
18. Grammar-translation method is a useful when the class is
(d) full of mediocre students
19. Problem of spelling errors of the students can be easily solved through
(a) teaching aids
(b) text books
20. To behaviorist, learning is based on
(b) stimulus and response
(c) coding and decoding
Alice Alice walked sadly down the middle of the hall, wondering how she was ever to get out again. Suddenly, she came upon a little three-legged table, all made of solid glass : there was nothing (A) it but a tiny golden key, and Alice’s first idea was that his might belong (B) one of the doors of the hall : but, alas ! Either the locks were too large, (C) the key was too small, but at any rate it would not open any of them. However, on the second time round, she came upon a courtain she had not noticed before, and behind it was a little door (D) fifteen inches high. She (E) the golden key in the lock and to her great delight it fitted!
21. A is located in
22. B is
23. C is
24. D is
(b) up to
25. E is
(a) was trying
(b) is trying
(d) had tried
26. For giving training in handwriting to the beginners, which of the following is not required?
(c) Dotted lines
(d) Size of the letters
27. Which is no longer a position of English in India?
(a) Link language
(b) Associate-official language
(c) Global language
(d) Foreign language
28. When did the first debate take place regarding the teaching of English in Indian schools?
29. English language has consonants.
30. Apart from the four language skills, which one of the following has been added to the language skill?
(a) Study skill
(b) Communicative skills
(c) Aural skill
(d) Thinking skill